Community Action Fund
West Essex has funding from the Office for Health Improvement and Disparities (formerly Public Health England) and NHS England to fund community projects that reach out to people at risk of suicide. We are in Wave 4 of this funding which has already started in other parts of Essex.
The Aim of the Wave Four Programme:
- Build resilience to Mental Health problems in local communities
- Promote positive mental health in local communities
- To reduce the stigma of self-harm and suicide.
- To increase the community-based support for those at risk of suicide, including in high risk groups.
- To reduce the incidence of self-harm and repeated self-harm.
- To reduce the impact of self-harm and suicide.
Who we want to help:
1. Projects that support men, especially middle-aged men, and young men where there is an emerging risk of self harm and suicide.
2. Projects supporting men in high risk groups:
- In the care of Mental Health Services, including
- With a history of self-harm.
- In contact with the Criminal Justice system
- Working in specific occupations – construction and farming.
- Vulnerable groups – People of colour, LGBTQ+, Veterans, Homeless and rough sleepers, survivors of domestic/sexual abuse
Men who haven’t used mental health services but have underlying risk factors/triggers/stressful live events eg bullying, relationship breakdown, loneliness/social isolation, bereavement, financial issues etc., and which are likely to have been impacted by COVID.
Three quarters of men who complete suicide have NOT sought help – how can your project reach them?
If your organisation has an idea that will get out and connect with men, you can apply for up to £3000 to get your project moving.
Applications for 2023 funding have closed and have been allocated.
Please complete and return to:
Mind in West Essex
10-11 Corner House
Essex CM18 6NZ